Dawn Here Dusk There is a video installation of artists responding to the sun rising and setting on one day throughout the world.
Artist Lucia Jeesun Lee is exploring the simultaneity of response to the sun as a universal gesture that transgresses time and dislocates space through ritual.
Artists throughout the world are asked to record their responses on video on the same day -- November 24, 2012.
Artists can draw from their personal experiences or cultural heritage to inform their responses. These responses are to be recorded on video with the sun rising, or setting in the background.
Deadline for submitting videos online is November 27, 2012.
The installation will be presented at MediaNoche, a new media gallery where art, technology and community converge, located in New York City. For more information or to sign up to participate, email Lucia at firstname.lastname@example.org and Join Dawn Here Dusk There mailing list for updates
Join the mailing list by November 16th
- November 24th 2012(Saturday) sunrise or sunset time* : Sun rituals and documentation
- November 27th 2012(Tuesday) 11:59PM EST : Deadline to submit raw footage
*Sunrise- Artists from East Asia, Southeast Asia, Central Asia, South Asia and North Asia
Sunset - Artists from North America, Central America, West Indies and South America
Technical Guideline(Download detailed instruction)
- Time : Arrive at the location 30 minutes prior to the scheduled sunrise/sunset time.
- Location : Outdoor space with a good visibility of the sun in the background
- Camera Setup : Tripod steady shot, manual exposure optimized for the sun
- Video length/format : Minimum length/resolution- 15min/ 720p HD, No time-lapse
- Email email@example.com with downloadable Dropbox/Vimeo/FTP link to the video
- By submitting the footage, participants agree to grant the use of the footage in Dawn Here and Dusk There.
Submitted videos that meet requirement will be included in the video installation and the artists will be credited as participating artists in the future shows/screenings of Dawn Here, Dusk There, including the premier exhibit in Medianoche Gallery in New York.